Saturday, January 31, 2009

Delivery Day

I am sorry it took so long to post this past week, Norah decided to make an early debut. She arrived on Sunday the 25th of January.
She started to let us know she was on her way and it all started Friday morning around 1am we went into the hospital because I was having painful contractions. At 4 am they were still there but wanted to go home to get some rest since I wasn't far enough along for them to admit me. I slept for about 3 hours and the contractions were not as strong or as close together as they were earlier. Dennis and I spent the entire day walking around in hope of getting them back to the painful state I was in just hours earlier, only to not have anything happen. Saturday we went in to check where I was in the process of labor and I was dialated between a 2-3 and 100% effaced. Still too soon for me to be admited, so we left and went to the mall and walked their entire grocery store (the grocery stores inside the malls are HUGE). During that walk I had a terrible pain. Hours later at 10pm I started to get those painful contractions again. I told Dennis I didn't want to go to the hospital until my water broke. At 2am I could barely breath through them, and started to time them, and it was time for us to go in regardless of my water breaking. I was admitted to the hospital at 04:30 and was dilated to a 4 so I was not able to leave at this point. Dennis walked the halls with me for some time. by 10:30 I wanted to know where Norah was. At 11:45 the Midwife broke my water and the contractions got even worse. 30 minutes later she checked me and I was at 5cm. I was told this phase could take hours, but my body had a different plan. That epidural that I wanted went out the window when she checked me and I was at 8cm at 12:40. I asked for anything, and they gave me a little something to take the "edge" off , but still be able to feel when to push. 27 minutes of pushing and Norah was OUT!! It took me few minutes to realize that I just labored entirely natural. Dennis was such a great coach. He helped me keep my breathing, to relax, and best of all,the Midwife let him catch Norah. He was the first person to touch Norah and then placed her on my abdomen. Shortly after they took her to the warmer and that is when Dennis went over there and checked to make sure that she had all her fingers and toes :) I have attached a few pictures of the delivery and after she arrived.Dennis anxiously awaiting for Norah's arrival Norah shortly after her entrance at 13:07

Norah and I ten minutes after her big debut....

I am so happy that I did it natural. I wanted to since the very begining but was afraid of the pain. God knew that I could do it and made sure I was okay through the entire process.

1 comment:

Fadela said...

I am so proud of you! You are so tough! I got goosebumps just reading your post! She is a doll, but I really need some new pics K.